About the job
UMW Aerospace Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of UMW Holdings Group is the Malaysia’s first homegrown Tier-1 aero engine component supplier to Rolls-Royce in the Asia-Pacific region. UMW Aerospace specializes in the manufacture of Fan Case Assembly Kits for the Rolls-Royce Trent Engines.
- Create & Amend CMM Program.
- Conduct Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and perform associated GR&R evaluations in accordance with AS13003.
- Conduct analysis, evaluation and explanation of CMM reports generated after part measurement on CMM.
- Conduct part measurement, layouts and capability studies to ensure all parts meet specific design requirements.
- Maintain inspection records, quality related documents, codes, standards, specifications as required by the quality system, in compliance with UMW Quality Management System, AS9100, NADCAP and customer requirements.
- Support the set-up, as well as maintenance of the CMM areas to a high-quality standard by deploying 5S and best practices.
- Comply with the HSE, housekeeping, tool control and prevention programs and other requirements.
Key Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Degree in Aerospace/Mechanical/Quality Engineering/Quality or any Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- 5 years of working experience in programming & operating a Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM), conducting complete dimensional inspection of components, assemblies & tooling, generating & reporting dimensional results, performing gage R&R and capability studies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team oriented and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities & communication styles.
To find out more on the job vacancies we offer, go to UMW’s career page: https://jobs.umw.com.my/