Assistant Manager, Transport Management
About the job
1. Set vision and strategies to reduce/control overall trucking costs, including tributary areas, fleet size
and coverage strategy.
2. Manage industrial relations for Customer Service.
3. Investigate transport initiatives which impact industry.
4. Review Accident Investigation Report.
5. Actively manage the relationship with transporters.
6. Monitor performance and ensure improvement on safety in fleet operation.
7. Monitor transporter performance vs. expectations.
8. Develop strategies to control/ optimize fleet expense.
9. Ensure compliance with Road Transport Act.
1. Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in the related field.
2. Minimum 5 years of working experience in managing transportation operation.
3. Thorough knowledge of transportation and logistics.
4. Strong knowledge of tipper tanker technical design criteria.
5. Comprehensive knowledge of DOSH, OSHA, and others regulations.
6. Previous operational experience including HSE.
7. Strong labour relations and negotiating skills.
8. Strong written and oral communication skills.
9. Good commercial skills / understanding customer requirements.
10. Credibility with transporter, products, and Warehouse & Supply.
11. Previous track record of effective change management.
12. An energetic and resourceful person with excellent interpersonal skills; able to deal with Company,
vendor and industry personnel.
13. Self-motivated and able to work independently.
For more info, visit here