Senior Manufacturing Engineer
SAT is supporting a multi national Tier 1 aerospace company (client) in developing the Malaysian supply chain. The vendor development program is expected to last at least 24 months and will focus primarily on metal machining of light alloys, and associated treatments. SAT is assembling a multi functional team to support the client for this program.
To effectively provide manufacturing producibility knowledge and information for the engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Understand and interpret complex information from engineering drawings, CAD models and standards for manufacturing solutions.
- Review, identify and validate detailed changes and complete impacts brought by customer, engineering or standard changes based on change procedure.
- Create, validate and maintain product bill of materials and configuration to the valid customer-specified configuration.
- Create, validate and implement manufacturing plans, process sequence and technique in the form of text, graphics, and/or 3D work instruction for compliance, ease and efficiency of manufacturing.
- Create, validate and maintain purchased parts configuration and condition of supply per manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Compile, validate and transmit engineering data to suppliers at the correct configuration, scope and timing.
- Apply extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes to estimate process flow, build labor hours, materials, and tooling for new project bids.
- Operate within and support the planning, tracking and maintenance of functional and operational budgets.
- Participate in the material review board (MRB) in validating non-conformances and lead multi-functional activities of finding agreeable disposition and containment.
- Identify and validate root cause and corrective actions using problem solving tools and best practices in accordance with company procedures & guidelines.
- Define process and tooling requirements for Tooling Department to design, test and implement effective tooling and equipment for manufacturing.
- Support the gap analysis, development plan, and training of manufacturing engineering and operation team members towards improving overall organization competency.
- Evaluate and propose improvement to the tools, systems and procedures used by the engineers for better compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Knowledgeable and comply with Code of Ethics and Business Conducts, 5S and Safety policies, AS9100, NADCAP, ISO9001, ISO140001, OHSAS18001 and all applicable customer standards.
- Apply knowledge of metals, metal processing technologies, machinery, machine controls, and programming and data transfer systems.
- Able to determine the preferred process, assist in the design concept, and direct the manufacture of machined parts.
- Sheet Metal Work
- Apply knowledge and skills in metal forming and trimming, extrusion machining, and related supporting metal processing.
- Able to determine the preferred process, assist in developing the design concept, and direct the manufacture of sheet metal components.
- Aerostructures Assembly
- Apply knowledge of fabrication, assembly and integration of structures, tooling concepts, spares, airplane-on-ground repair, and welded and joined assemblies.
- Able to determine the preferred process, assist in developing the design concept, and direct the manufacture of structural assemblies.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
- Possess Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in technical disciplines such as aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering or material science.
- Minimum 5 years of professional engineering practice in the stated technical fields.
- Excellent command of English and Bahasa Malaysia in speaking, listening and writing.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and planning skills.
- Possess business acumen and strong drive for business improvements.
- Proven track record of ability to perform under minimal supervision.
- Candidates competent in CAD (CATIA V5), CAM and NC Programming are preferred.
- Candidates must possess a valid driving license and their own means of transportation.
- Able to travel within Peninsula Malaysia. Travel expenses covered by SAT.