About the job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About The Opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Under minimal supervision, handles customer requests for information on request for quotes, provides assistance to internal/external customers regarding past/planned shipments, pricing, schedules, and invoicing problems and provides a variety of clerical and administrative support.
- Responds to customer requests for status details on current/past orders. Responsible for documentation of customer account information on assigned customers.
- Provides details to others within the Customer Support organization for Requests for Quote, technical and engineering details on repair scopes and special needs for a timely response to the customer.
- Assists Marketing reps on customer concerns, order status and key customer contacts. Requires the need to understand and make maximum use of computer programs for order entry, reports, inquiries, and various directories that provide customer account details for answering customer inquiries/needs.
- Documents customer account details regarding P.O. requirements, shipments, packaging, pricing approvals, certifications, and delivery requirements.
- Provides administrative support including data entry, answering telephones, referring calls/messages, sending emails/faxes, and distributing customer details to other business unit functions.
- Provides administration of all government contracts by issuing required reports, requests for GBL, update of inventory logs as may be required by contract clauses. Works in concert with quality and engineering to assure that documentation/certifications are in compliance with government requirements.
- Administers assigned customer accounts including fostering good customer relationships, being responsive to customer requests, and balancing customer needs with the companyÂs available resources.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company’s overall business objectives and goals, to include issues that involve Âcost, quality, process, schedule and peopleÂ.
- Ensure the company’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully comply with the “GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government” in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience as a Customer Support Representative or similar CS role
- Familiarity with MRO industry is a plus
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Patience when handling tough cases
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma in any field
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.