Quality Inspectors – CMM and Visual
About the job
UMW Aerospace Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of UMW Holdings Group is the Malaysia’s first homegrown Tier-1 aero engine component supplier to Rolls-Royce in the Asia-Pacific region. UMW Aerospace specializes in the manufacture of Fan Case Assembly Kits for the Rolls-Royce Trent.
- Works from and interprets fairly complicated sketches, routings, product specifications, and quality requirements, to determine dimensions and tolerance specifications.
- Maintain inspection records, quality related updated documents, codes, standards, specification as required by the quality system, compliance to QMS, AS9100, NADCAP and customer Sets up dial bore and rail gages for production purposes.
- Interprets and performs geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) evaluations.
- Demonstrates understanding of statistical process control principles.
- Performs standard operations on coordinate measuring machine (CMM), such as true position and alignment. Writes simple programs.
- Examines material and product for surface defects, such as cracks, pits, dents, burrs, nicks, and incomplete welds.
- Compares product with parts list or sample model to ensure completion of assembly.
- Follows established procedures to verify specified dimensions of product or material using a variety of standard inspection tools, such as thread and dial bore gages, OD & ID micrometers, scales, indicators, and calipers.
- Analyzes and rejects defective parts. Identifies type of defect on part, container of parts, or inspection tag. Confers with or refers critical inspection problems to Quality Assurance Engineer/Manager for determination.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and conformity with UMW Aerospace Quality System work instruction requirements that govern Quality operations.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Diploma in Instrumentation, Testing and Calibration, Quality or any Engineering Discipline
- Trade Certificate Holders with 5 years minimum experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of experience preferred in setup of CMM equipment.
- Past experience with Hexagon CMM is an advantage.
- Work experience in Aerospace industry
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and GD&T proficiently.
- Basic Ability to run CMM programs.
To find out more on the job vacancies, go to UMW’s career page: https://jobs.umw.com.my/