Short Term Business Travellers
Short Term Business Travellers are business travellers that stay in the country for 14 days or less. These Business Travellers are required to obtain a support letter manually from the OSC secretariat for quarantine exemption prior to the submission of application for entry permission via MyTravelPass at https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/main under the category of Foreigner (Social Pass). This mechanism is a temporary measure while the upgrading of the MYEntry System for online application by Short Term Business Travellers is completed.
The category of Short Term Business Travellers comprises of:
- Potential investors seeking to do business in Malaysia
- Existing investors namely business owners, board members, executives and associates of companies in Malaysia (without Employment Pass)
- Business customers for product qualification and validation before commercial production
- Technical experts for ad-hoc emergency cases to serve single or multiple customers across Malaysia
The request for support letter by Short Term Business Travellers can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by providing the following information:
- Invitation letter (from Ministry/Government Agency/Company registered in Malaysia)
- Detailed Itinerary
- Copy of Passport ID Page (Coloured)
Both Long Term and Short Term Business Travellers must obtain relevant visas (if applicable) from the respective Malaysian Embassy or High Commission or Consulate General Offices abroad prior to their departure to Malaysia.
Business Travellers Centre
Malaysian Investment Development Authority in collaboration with the Ministry of Health is finalising the construction of Business Travellers Centre at KLIA which will provide the services of Liaison Officers as well as the COVID-19 test for Short Term Business Travellers. A dedicated website containing information and advisory services to facilitate the application for the entry of all business travellers into Malaysia is also in progress.
An announcement will be issued soon upon the completion of the upgrading of MyEntry system and the construction of Business Travellers Centre at KLIA for Short Term Business Travellers.