The Malaysian Aerospace Industry Association (MAIA) is pleased to announce the re-election of Naguib Mohd Nor as President of MAIA for the new term of 2018/2020 at the 2nd MAIA Annual General Meeting held on 26th June 2018 in MAIA Office, Damansara Perdana.
Datul Zulkarnain Mohamed, Operations Director of Spirit Aerosystems Malaysia has also been appointed as Deputy President of MAIA, taking over from Francis Hiew, also of Spirit who served in that role over the last term. David Jones of RUAG was re-elected as the Treasurer for the association.
The other Board Members re-elected for the new term are:
- Dato’ Muthanna Abdullah (Abdullah Chan & Co)
- Bernard Garcia (Safran Aerospace Defence Security Malaysia Sdn Bhd)
- Shamsuddin Mohamed Yusof (Composite Technology Research Malaysia Sdn Bhd)
The rest of the Board Members who were appointed during the previous AGM continue to serve. They are:
- David Frederick John Davies (SME Aerospace Sdn Bhd)
- Jose Garza (Aerospace Composites Malaysia Sdn Bhd)
- Dato’ Nonee Radzi (Global Turbine Asia Sdn Bhd)
- Suresh Kumar A/L Shunmugam (GE Engine Services Malaysia Sdn Bhd)
- Zairul Amri Adam (MARA Aerospace & Technologies Sdn Bhd)
The Board also acknowledged the service and contribution of MAIA’s outgoing Deputy President, Francis Hiew who has been truly committed to serve the association and aerospace industry here in Malaysia, and will still be active in contributing his ideas in the coming years.